Thursday, September 17, 2009

MY HOLIDAY

Over the 2008 / 2009 Summer break my family and I enjoyed our tour of New Zealand's East Cape. We went to Mahia and played with Moko the dolphin, who lives just off the coast! Well, other people played with her, but I freaked out. She swam under my boogie board and it was quite scary because she was so big! She disappeared under the water for awhile and then suddenly popped up in the water besude me!
The sunsets at Mahia were absolutely gorgeous, and we spent Christmas there. We also stayed in Rotorua, Gisborne, Waikaremoana, Te Araroa, Opotiki and Tauranga. We went to the beach heaps, enjoyed bush walks and fish & chips and relished in the dumper waves at one Gisborne beach!
Following that, my friends and I went to Mangawhai Heads for a camp which was amazing! We sand surfed, kayaked, went boating, watersliding, camped in the bush and star gazed.
All in all, it was a much better summer compared to last year's!





No comments: